Fancy something healthy?! Then try this gorgeously green Spinach Pesto Pasta.
This is a gorgeously healthy recipe which I found on rachelscraftcorner, and I've adapted it slightly to feed five as opposed to the recipe which was for one, and I also added extra spinach.
- 500g penne pasta, cooked a la dente
- 250ml chicken broth
- 250ml milk
- 250g spinach or more
- One tbsp cornflour
- 150g pesto
- Salt, pepper, garlic, and parsley to taste
- Dash cayenne pepper, optional
- 50g cheese, Parmesan or Cheddar
- Cook pasta.
- In a food processor or blender, combine chicken broth, milk, spinach, cornflour, pesto, and desired herbs.
- Pour spinach mixture over the cooked pasta. Cook over medium heat until hot and bubbly and the sauce coats the pasta.
- Stir in cheese until it’s melted and creamy.
I have a MagiMix Food Processor which is quite big, but even then I have to do #2 in two lots as the food processor will not take this amount of liquid and stuff in one go without spilling out. Take it from one who knows. I had to clean up a vivid green liquidy mess on my first attempt at making this recipe!
If you don't want to use all spinach then add some cooked broccolli - thats nice too. Such a green health kick this recipe. If you want to be extra good then omit the cheese altogether but I imagine the sauce won't be as creamy and because everything else is super healthy I am sure a little bit of fat is ok in this case.
Top it all off with some mangetout, sugar snap peas or asparagus. How healthy can one meal get!