The new range of Tim Holtz Alterations Dies are fab aren't they? I especially love the Sewing Room die with the lovely shaped Dress Form and little cotton winder and button. Today I have made a tag featuring the Dress Form and a nice inky technique for the background tag.
To start with, I cut the Dress Form out using mountboard... then I used Cut & Dry Foam to dab Claudine Hellmuth Traditional Tan paint over it... this gives a nice creamy look to the inky part. Next I used the same Cut & Dry and streaked paint onto the the tag base, leaving patches unpainted. The inky technique is one of my favourites and gives a different look each time. Using Vintage Photo Distress Stains, apply the Stain directly to a Craft Sheet, spritz with water so the inky goes bobbly. Then dip the tag into the inkyness... and dry with a heatgun. Repeat the dippy bit until you are happy with the coverage, drying each time. Next, do the same with Fired Brick Distress Stains... once you have the base look you like, use a paper towel spritzed with water and gently rub this over your tag base. This will remove the ink from the painty bits. Use an Edge Distresser to scruff up the edges of the tag and then use the Vintage Photo Stain direct to the edges to make them darker.
The painted Dress Form can now be inked. Pop some Fired Brick Stain directly onto the craft sheet, you will see it goes into bobbles, dip your die cut into the inkyness and you will see that some of the bobbles have transferred onto the surface, now lightly spritz with water and heat dry. As the water hits the bobbles on the die cut, it will "marble" and give you a really nice background. I applied Vintage Photo Stain to the very top and leg of the Dress Form, spritzed with more water and then dried.
The sentiment card was made the same way as the tag base, I just left out the Fired Brick step so it didn't blend in too much. I popped some Idea-ology goodies onto the tag to finish. The Trimmings were coloured with the Fired Brick Distress Stains - a fab way to custom colour your ribbons and lace too.
The Ingredients I used are:
Thanks for looking... have a fab weekend... Hels x