This week I've been making some general birthday cards. The 'Happy Days' collection from Echo Park is just perfect for birthdays. It's full of bright and colourful papers, together with a few black and white retro designs for contrast.
1. Take an A6 tent fold card blank and cover the card front with patterned paper.
2. Cut a panel of the graph paper design and adhere to the card front leaving a narrow border.
3. Concertina fold a 4.5 cm strip paper at .5 cm intervals to form the cupcake base.
4. Draw the cupcake frosting on the reverse of a contrasting paper design and cut out. Create some movement by handstitching swirls using one strand of embroidery floss.
5. Add a flower embellishment and sentiment to finish.